Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Il Fornaio (Reston Towncenter)


Clean, clean, clean in Il Fornaio even under the dark, dark table but my germy senses were heightened by the temperature in the restaurant. I am notorious for bringing a sweater to a restaurant in the dead of summer but I never complain about AC because I love knowing that the air is circulating. At Il Fornaio I felt like I was sitting in a sauna, breathing in stale, germy air throughout the meal. The food was good enough (difficult to enjoy a meal when you are sweating) and the restaurant has one feature that us germaphobes love... an exposed kitchen! Nobody is spitting on your food or feeding you floor steaks when they are working within the customers line of sight. Don't bother telling me how ridiculous I am for believing that waiters serve "sneezers". I know I'm nuts :-)

1 comment:

  1. No, you're not that nuts. Considering that servers are granted no paid sick leave, it would be a miracle not to be eating contaminated food at least some of the time.

    ReplyDelete