Sunday, August 7, 2011

Anita's (Herndon)

I have to admit that I went to Anita's with the intention of finding another filthy restaurant (I am still trying to find competition for Silver Diner in the the "Dirtiest Restaurant" category). But, alas, it was pretty darn clean! Not only that, but there was a Purell dispenser on the wall (something I love to see). There was a certain amount of stickiness to the tables, but we chocked that up to the lack of air conditioning paired with the humidity. Our food was excellent (we went for breakfast) and there was quite a bit of local commraderie amongst the patrons which gave us a sense of Herndon as a small town. All in all, it was a pleasant experience.
Food recommendations for Anita's in Herndon: The refried beans are a great side dish and the chips are incredible. I also have a certain sister-in-law (which I will leave unnamed to protect her anonymity), that I believe has a deep and unwavering addiction to the breakfast burritos that Anita's serves. We are trying to get her the help that she needs but I believe this is a lost cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment