Thursday, August 4, 2011

Silver Diner (Reston)

You have heard the saying, a picture says a thousand words. Well, I could say a thousand disgusting words to accompany this picture but I will keep my review as brief as possible (because I know you are already in the parking lot debating whether or not to go inside). This dark corner under our table was illuminated only by the flash of my camera but there were many (not so dark) corners that looked super nasty as well. Notice the apparent mold on the wall and the way that dirt has been forced into the corners over repeated attempts to mop. My guess is that the facility's poor design impacts the staff's ability to clean satisfactorily.
Our food was only slightly greasier than it would have been if we had cooked at home, and no one got sick. But I will say that there is nothing on the menu that is worth braving these conditions...if I were you, I would drive an extra mile and go to the Amphora Diner in Herndon.
Food Recommendation for Silver Diner: My daughter likes the kid's pancakes and the Kickin' Crab Chowder is a spicy treat.

1 comment:

  1. i love this blog it is not because gretchen is my mom it can be a good help to know were to go out to eat

    ReplyDelete